What Should You Keep in Mind When Buying A Refrigerator?
Buying a refrigerator is a long-term commitment as it is an appliance that you will be using for approximately a whole decade. You also use it every day, so you need to make sure that you pick the right one. You need to know your measurement, storage capacity, and price budget requirements before you set out to pick one.
If you want to find the most suitable fridge for you and your family, you can visit the website and the store of MeSelectros. They are an electrical appliance store that has been operating in Quebec, Canada since 1973. You can find any type of fridge from the LFD22786ST model to any other model from a range of manufacturers. You can easily compare the specifications and prices of each model side by side.
Things to look for when buying a refrigerator
The following are some things you have to keep in mind when selecting a fridge for your home.
- Number/Style of doors
You need to decide the kind of door you want the fridge to have, depending on your space.
- Direct single door: These are traditional fridges without frost-free function. The capacity can range from 50 to 270 liters which is ideal for small families.
- Frost-free double-door: This fridge has an auto defrost as the freezer is separated. The capacity of this fridge is 200 to 500 liters.
- Side-by-side: This fridge usually has added features like ice dispensers and the capacity is usually 400 to 800 liters.
- French-style fridge: This has multiple doors that maintain different temperatures in different sections. They are usually more energy-efficient and have a capacity of 300 to 800 liters.
The most important thing you need to consider when buying a fridge is your budget. A direct single door is the cheapest option than a little more expensive is the double door, then the side by side, and lastly the most expensive one is the French style fridge.
- Star rating and energy consumption
The Energy Efficiency rating shows how energy efficient a fridge is. The blue and green color of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency logo shows authentic EER rating. Make sure you choose an energy-efficient one to decrease your monthly electricity bills.
- Add ons
Some fridges have added facilities like ice dispenser and water dispenser which increase the price.
The main thing you need to know before you buy a fridge is your requirements. You need to understand your needs to match it with the features of the fridge and then decide to buy it.