Weddings are beautiful and exciting. When you are invited to a wedding you want to wish the couple the very best, look fantastic, and give a great gift. Since weddings are very important, we have some rules on gift-giving that can help you out.
The 7 Rules For Wedding Gifts
You want to make sure that you give the couple something that they need. Weddings are fabulous and part of the fun is thinking about a gift to give the new couple. It’s worth the effort when you see their happiness from the gift that you gave to them. Here are 7 rules to follow:
- Cash – If a couple states that they are interested in cash, by all means, give them what you can afford. Some people have more to give than others, but if a couple requests cash as a gift, this is what they want. It is a good idea to give them money to help with the expenses of the wedding.
- No Gifts – In some cases, a couple may request that no gifts be given. This occurs when the couple is well-off, marrying for 2nd, 3rd or more times, and for some religious beliefs. You should abide by their wishes even if you really want to give something to them.
- Gift Lists – If the couple has registered with a bridal registry, be sure to check the gift list. The items that are listed on this list are products that the couple is in need of. These types of gifts are welcomed and will be put to good use – for example, a beautiful pewter pitcher.
- Gifts Of Meaning – When you are looking for something to give to the new couple, you will want to think about something that will have special meaning. Disregard the price of the gift and look for something that will specific to their personalities and likes and dislikes. This may take some time so be prepared to think about the couple and what type of gift will be the best for them. It doesn’t have to be an actual product, the gift can be for services too. Gifts for dinner gift cards to their favourite restaurants are gifts that new couples will love.
- Gift-Giving Is Optional – In most cases, you will want to give a gift to the couple to celebrate their wedding. It is up to you and if you do not like to gifts, you don’t have to. This is a personal choice and one that you should take seriously. Whether you cannot afford a gift or have some other reason for not giving one, you do not have to explain yourself. In most cases, people will want to give the new couple something for their wedding.
- Absentee Gifts – Even if you can’t attend the wedding, you should still give a gift. Think of something nice to give them and send it to their home. If you wish, you can also give them the gift in person the next that you see the happy couple. Since you cannot attend the wedding, you will need to let them know this. Send back the RSVP as soon as you can to let them know that you will not be attending the celebration.
- Delivery – If the gift you decide to give needs to be delivered, make sure that you handle this accordingly. Have the correct information to where the gift should be delivered to and pay for the costs to transport it. This is important because a new couple has so many other things to attend to and picking up a gift somewhere is not something that they will have the time to do.
By following the rules above, you will be successful in giving the couple something that they will appreciate. This shows that you were thoughtful and thinking of them and their happiness. They will be truly flattered by your choice of a gift for them and that you were there to celebrate their big day.